Medu Vada – Indian Donut Recipe – Yummy Crispy South Indian Snack
Medu Vada is widely available and a very pouplar South Indian Dish. South Indian Recipes go very well with Rasam (http://bit.ly/13qlEOl) Sambhar (http://bit.ly/13qlEOl) Coconut Chutney (http://bit.ly/YPpIqR) and so does Medu Vada. Learn how to make this simple and easy to make quick homemade medu vada recipe.
1 cup Urad Dal (White Lentil)
1 tsp Ginger Chilli Paste
1/2 tsp Black Salt
– Soak the urad dal for 4 hrs and after that remove all the water from it.
– Grind the dal into a fine paste and keep stirring in between using minimum water.
– Pour the smooth mixture into a bowl and whisk it for about 5 – 6 mins
– Add ginger chilli paste, black salt, salt, coriander leaves and again whisk it.
– Just before frying add soda bicarbonate and mix it well.
– Wet your hands and take a dollop of the batter
– Make a round ball and make a hole in the center
– Drop them in hot oil and deep fry them in medium flame till light golden brown